Sunday, March 05, 2006

Name please...

Sometimes, it is good just to have a simple and plain name.. nothing too funky, or too complicated.. cause people will just get mixed up... When I had a new colleague who joined us couple of days leaving me a memo stated "To : Karena" instead of my name Carienna, my other colleagues started to make fun of this.. and I was called Macarena instead.. This nickname then stays.. how sad uh?

Then it was Punk. Yea, I am not kiddin but everyone calls him PUNK. I thought he was kiddin when he told me to call him Punk, so I tell him "oh I'm Rock if you are Punk!" He doesn't have the punk look but I don't know what's behind the name/ nick. I think I should really ask him to show me his ID next time when I see him.. hehe! Anyway this was what happened... Punk is a guy who works at a place that I frequent to.. and he know W and the rest of the gang long time ago, even before me and Chris knows him.. but W don't really know Punk is actually called Punk, til I keep on reminding him.. and yesterday during a conversation, W keeps on telling me Pink.. I was wondering.. whois Pink? Pink Floyd? The Pink fella with pink hair? Pink panther? Which chick is it? I was blur for quite sometime, trying to figure out who W is talking about, this I finally pop out the question, who the heck is PINK??! and he said, "the Chinese guy with shoulder length hair at that place!!" and I was like laughing my head off and tell him "Its PUNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, you silly!!!!!!" hahahaa!! We had a good laugh.. I told Chris about it.. but then.. I think better to keep this away from Punk.. hehe! Poor thing..

Well, people who is bad in names just make things funny at times..

I can still remember while Sandy was still pregnant (she finally delivers her cute little baby boy on March 1st), she was cracking her head thinking of the perfect name for the little prince.. and she actually satisfied with the name Joshua.. and she told the close family members and the mother-in-law said, "huh? po chua ah?" in which "po chua" means newspaper in Hokkien dialect.. She ended up didn't use that name.. and when I visited her at the hospital, she told me the final decision was Rayson. It came from a guy who I liased with from a job agency. The guy's name was Raysen.. and since he always call the office and they always said "Raysen's on the line" and the name kinda stuck in Sandy's head I guess.. so there it is ... That was the latest name unless, she change it again.. anyway she has got 2 weeks to go and kautim the name thingy..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home