Sunday, September 11, 2005

and KiCiMiaO says .. " and I thought they said Customer Is Always Right"

It was supposedly to be a nice dinner with my folks today. However things didn't turn up nicely.

We were at Carrefour Seberang Jaya, for dinner and later to get some sundries.

After getting my hot plate noodles, I walked to our table where Daddy was already there, having his place of rice. I saw Mummy at the Ayamas counter and I walked to her, wanting to help her to carry her tray.

Me : Mum, is everything alright? Paid already?
Mum : She said I have not paid and ask me to pay, but I already paid her and she has not give me back my change.
Me : WHAT? Then what are you waiting here now?
Mum : The manager is counting the money...
ME : but then the food is ready....... :-/

It took him a damn 15 minutes to count the money after I was there, and he came to me with the result that the amount is tally. So is he trying to say that Mummy is lying? I wasn't satisfied.

Me : So what now? You expect me and my parents to walk off just like that?
Mgr : The amount tally.. so I don't think your mum paid us yet.
Me : So you mean my mum is trying to cheat? and she's telling lies?
Mgr : No I don't mean it like this
Cashier : Sumpah Abang Azmi (manager), Ieka (the cashier) tak ambikkkk... dia tak kasi pun duit kat Ieka
Me : But I am very certain that my mum has PAID
Mgr : Alright.. I will recount again..
Me : OK
Mgr : Boleh duduk dulu tak?
Me : No, I would prefer to watch as you count it
Mgr : OK

It took him another sweet 25 minutes to recount.. The cashier starts to show her temper.. People are queuing up, and wondering what is wrong as they has to wait until the manager finish counting the money and the damn bitch starts to tell customers that we did not paid and claimed that we had paid for it.

Mgr : alright now it is like this... (while showing me the amount on the calculator).... we also out of RM30.18 ..
Me : That is your prob. So now what about our money?
Mgr : We cannot return the money to you.. cuz we also hilang duit
Me : Then it must be your cashier not being honest
Mgr : I dunno.. it is either you did not pay, or some error, but the money is not here
Me : Look, we have been regular here for quite some time. Impossible we come here to cheat a set dinner from you all, afterall we can afford!
Mgr : No, this isn't what I mean
Me : Fine if you refuse to pay. I will make a report.. all I need is your name and the cashier's name.. which I would prefer you to give me name cards
Mgr : OK ...

He walked away.. only to return and tell me he don't have name card... WTF...

Then walked away again and make a phone call.. over 10 minutes...

Walked back and returned us the money, saying his boss asked him to do so, and he apologised.

What's with the sorry when he's not at fault..

Me : Alright. BTW, you don't have to apologised if you are not at wrong.. and you know what? Your crew provide TERRIBLE service to the customers.
Mgr : I'm sorry, but if you want the Set A, then....
Me : No no.. you can keep the Set A.. we do not want it anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home